Built in 1907, the Moore Theatre is the oldest remaining theater in Seattle. Today, operated by Seattle Theatre Group, the landmark theater serves as a venue for concerts and touring theater productions. The first building on the regraded Second Avenue, the Moore created a general shift away from Pioneer Square as the central business district while firmly establishing Second Avenue as the "film/theatre district" for Seattle. In its early years, the venue was host to the famous Orpheum vaudeville circuit, and during the 1930s it presented many of the most distinguished European and American singers, musicians, and dancers. The theater was remodeled in 1955, and in 1974 the Moore Theatre was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.